Théa Eye Health Range
- 36% unaware of symptoms of Dry Eye Disease whilst almost a third (32%) of sufferers just wait to see if the symptoms go away by themselves.
- Only 12% understand the importance of using a preservative-free product for treating the condition.
- One in four people are thought to suffer with Dry Eye Disease in the UK
A new survey by eyecare experts Théa, has revealed how few people are aware of Dry Eye Disease, a debilitating and painful eye condition which affects one in four people in the UK.1
The No EyeDea survey which was conducted amongst over 2,000 members of the British public by YouGov, found that 36% didn’t know what any symptoms of Dry Eye Disease were.3
Yet many people had experienced these symptoms;
- More than two in five (43%) had painful, sore or burning sensations in their eyes,
- Almost half (48%) had felt they had something in their eye.3
- 34% felt that their eyes were watery and one in five had experienced red eyes (21%).3
- Despite the obvious discomfort of Dry Eye Disease, almost a third (32%) just waited to see if the symptoms would go away by themselves.3
The survey revealed low levels of awareness of those who are most at risk. At this year’s Pharmacy Show, Thea will share with Pharmacists the survey results, some specially designed tools to support pharmacists and provide the details products for all patients’ eye health needs.
We are the UK market leader in lid-care products and focus on developing safe and effective products with clinical evidence, that are gentle and easy to use. Our range includes:
- Blephaclean® - Preservative Free cleansing wipes which are used to help treat eyelid inflammation, such as blepharitis, MGD, stye, chalazion or dry eye. So gentle on the eye it can be used on babies from 3 months.
- Blephasol® - a gentle micellar solution for removing oily debris and crusted matter from the eyelids and eyelashes
- Blephagel® - a preservative-free gel that cools, cleans and soothes inflamed eyelids.
Our dry eye portfolio is thoroughly researched to provide an evidence-based approach to dry eye management which places patients’ needs at the forefront. Our range includes:
- Thealoz® Duo – A preservative-free solution with a dual combination of trehalose and hyaluronic acid. It protects, hydrates and lubricates for moderate to severe dry eye syndrome. It provides immediate comfort that lasts all day long and relief from all the symptoms of dry eyes.
- Thealoz® Duo Gel - provides all the benefits of Thealoz Duo, but in a single-dose gel formulation that increases residency time in the eye, which makes it ideal for overnight use.
- Hyabak® - a preservative-free eye drop, which relieves the discomfort related to dry eye.
Our Eye Nutritional is the TOTAL formula for eye health and vision.
- Nutrof® Total - a premium once-daily softgel capsule with a wide range of ingredients known to support eye health, including lutein, zeaxanthin, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, minerals, and resveratrol. Now with added Vitamin D.
Théa have been pioneers in ophthalmology for over 150 years. As part of Europe’s leading independent ophthalmic pharmaceutical company, Laboratoires Théa, we offer an extensive portfolio of pharmaceutical-grade, innovative products dedicated exclusively to eye health.
Please visit us on our stand C30 to find out the details of our current range and new products coming in 2022, visit us at www.thea-pharmaceuticals.co.uk.
1. Association of Optometrists. Dry Eye syndrome. Available at: https://www.aop.org.uk/advice-and-support/for-patients/eye-conditions/dry-eye. Accessed April 2021
2. Healthline. Untreated Chronic Dry Eye Complications and Risks. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/dry-eye/untreated-complications-risks. Accessed April 2021
3.Thea Pharmaceuticals 2021. NoEyeDea survey [data set]. YouGov. Data on file