GP Career Clinic - why you should visit Soar Beyond at The Pharmacy Show Supporting Aspiring Practice Pharmacists
Because we recognise from our own recruitment of GP practice pharmacists, that the transition from community or hospital to the world of general practice isn’t as easy as it may seem!
In fact, from our experience in recruiting and placing GP practice pharmacists, the main areas of weakness in the pharmacists seeking to transition are:
- A lack of understanding of what the day to day role actually involves. If you haven’t shadowed in general practice, it is difficult to grasp the nuances and technical skills required.
- Not demonstrating the clinical skills required to conduct the role safely and competently, including a recognition of what is in and out of scope for practice pharmacists. Can you comprehensively conduct practice-based clinical audits, long-term condition reviews etc?
- An inability to articulate funding flows in general practice. Recognising what the GP priorities are and therefore how to meet the practice needs. How well do you understand QOF, GMS funding etc and how your role impacts these?
- Lack of clarity about the clinical IT systems to catalyse and enable the practice pharmacist role. Have you undertaken any tutorials or systemslearning and how quickly can you adapt?
- Not knowing where to start on day one - how will you go about making a real impact quickly and supporting the practice to make a difference on what matters most to them?
If you are looking to transition into a GP practice pharmacist role, do you recognise these areas of weakness in your own scope of competence? If so, would you like a dedicated 1:1 ‘Career Clinic’ consultation with an experienced GP practice pharmacist to review your learning needs and prioritise your development areas? You will leave the consultation with a personal development plan to take forward and help you secure
a GP practice pharmacist role in this exciting, new career direction.
All you need to do is:
1. Complete the FREE online needs assessment at i2ipharmacists.co.uk/app/
2. Book a consultation at The Pharmacy Show on our stand PB52 via www.thepharmacyshow.co.uk/clinic (print the results of your online needs assessment and bring them with you).
‘Career Clinic’ consultation bookings are now open on www.thepharmacyshow.co.uk/clinic. Can’t wait until October and want to start working on some of these learning gaps now? Then sign up to the Aspiring Practice Pharmacist (APP) online training programme with video tutorials, downloadable content and everything you need to be successful as a GP practice pharmacist. www.i2ipharmacists.co.uk/app/
SIGN UP NOW HERE AND YOU WILL RECEIVE A 15% DISCOUNT ON BECOMING AN APP MEMBER BY USING CODE: PHARMSHOW_18