Starting your New Year off right!
1. Create a plan - The most common way to fall short of your goal is to make your goal unattainable. Once you've set your goal(s), work backwards so that you know exactly what you need to do to achieve what you want to do.
2. List new skills you need or want to achieve - You'll likely need new skills to move ahead with your career plans or keep up with the times in your business. Take note of what you'll need to learn this year or even come up with a new skill you would like to learn and develop a strategy for mastering these skills.
3. Talk about your goals - Tell friends, family members, and trusted colleagues about your plans so that they can support you. Make this year amazing by pushing yourself to do more of what you really want. If you don't start now, your only alternative is to be in the same place next year wishing you'd started now.
4. Make time for yourself - Schedule time on your calendar where you can get away and be free from distraction. As a pharmacy professional, you spend the upmost of your days focused on customers and ensuring they are receiving the care and attention that they need. But how about focusing on yourself at times? One of the best ways to maintain health, wellness and a positive start to the new year is self-care. This can be done with the simplest things. Exercising, movie nights, the list goes on for ways to support yourself and make sure you are receiving the care and wellness you need and deserve.
5. Reflect on the positive - Understandably 2020-2021 were not the easiest of years. When challenged with a negative experience, as humans we are naturally wired to use our energy to remember these negative events more than positives. It is crucial to recognise and acknowledge that negatives and the process behind this is normal. The important part is to make an effort to take a few moments at the end of each day to reflect on all the positives you have done. To ensure you start your year off right, and maintain this to the end, staying positive is crucial.
Here's to a great 2022!